2008-06-27

Worry ...


I am often trying to stop myself from worrying too much. Whenever I start worrying about things that I have no idea what it’s going to be like, I most of the time become paranoid. Even worse than that, I can become exhausted and lose all the interests in my daily activities. To me, worry is nothing but a mind-destruction. When we become spaced out or have nothing to do, we tend to create thoughts in our mind, and they rarely are good ones. We worry about this and that, we if this and if that, we guess this and guess that, and eventually, these kinds of thinking drive us insane. The severity of the consequence can lead to an anxiety disorder.

The good news is we are the owner of our mind and we have the power to control it. We have the ability to stop our mind from worries, shift the thoughts to something else that is more pleasant. A better way than this is to find something to do. Be creative and use our time to work on something more productive than sitting around worrying over and over again. One of my favorite quotes is “The insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” If it helps, instead of being worried, we can be prepared for what is going to happen, plan things out ahead of time, and search for solutions and options to our problems. Like the old saying goes “Everything is going to be okay.”

1:16 PM | Posted by Pheng | , with 1 comments »

1 comments

  1. Polly's Race to Sanity- Are We There Yet? // June 30, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

    you bet ya its gonna be OK
    thats just the way life
    no matter what comes our way we can always make it ok