2008-06-23

Thank You


You know what I like to do when I get a “Thank You” email from my manager and any higher level folks at my work place? I collect them and put them in a separate folder called “Feedback.”

This morning, when I got up to make breakfast, shower, and got ready for work, my mind was bothered to think too far ahead about the future again. But I stopped it immediately, and told myself to enjoy the present. When I was eating my breakfast, I said I am thankful for having a nutritious breakfast this morning. When I was in the shower room, I am thankful for having water. When I was washing my face, making my hair, I am thankful for being able to afford those cosmetic products and how healthy I am, and when I was ready to go to my car, I double checked the stove to make sure it’s turned off, and the shower room to make sure the water is turned off, that time I am thankful for having two eyes to be able to see things.

In our daily life, if we just take a moment to be thankful for things around us, and stop focusing on negative things and things that we don’t have, life would be much better. When I don’t have anything to work on at work, I go to read the “Thank You” emails that I saved, and it makes me feel really good. Each word means a lot by reminding me of my capability to work as an employee.

Next time, someone says “Thank you” to you, accept it with a cheerful smile and be grateful that you are able to do someone a favor. Gratitude is a path that leads to happiness.

9:37 AM | Posted by Pheng | , , with 0 comments »

0 comments