Last night, I went to bed very early. It was about 7:30pm or so. I read a book before going to bed at about 8pm. I woke up around 2am in the morning. I was thirsty and went to get something to drink in the kitchen, and then I could not go back to sleep because my mind was wandering in the future land about my status in the US and so forth. It was bad enough that it created fear in my mind, like a nightmare that I was trying to escape from. I wanted to trigger that thought to clear it out on my mind. I grabbed the book that I was reading earlier, and just started to read. The book is called “Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids about Money--That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!” I was so into that book. The author was humorous, as well as thoughtful about life, which I found very inspiring. I am going to keep reading it till the end, and one thing that came out of reading this book was that I was able to get rid of my fearful thought, and went to bed again.

I used to hate reading because I did not like the fact that I read an English book. My mind was twisted trying to understand each sentence and phrase causing me to read very slow. I do not remember when did I start enjoy reading, but I persevered the difficulty and frustration about slow reading. As days go, I read as a hobby, and the slowness part becomes nothing. I think reading can be frustrating when you just start doing it, but the more you read the more bliss you will get. Don’t give reading up if you are a reader, and start reading if you are not a reader yet. It can be really inspiring and fun, as well as helpful for references usage, just make sure you read something that is your favorite subject.

8:07 AM | Posted by Pheng | with 0 comments »

0 comments