I got up from my nap and I looked at myself in the mirror. Suddenly, I sat down on the floor staring at myself in the mirror. My two eyes finally get to see each other. I looked deeply into my two eyes and I noticed how dark they are. I then started to play around with a few facial expressions. By doing that, it made me realize that I was wrong all the time about the fact that I never felt good enough about how I look. Reflected from the mirror, I saw two dark eyes that belong to me, a big nose that I often complained about, two ears that I think they are alright, mouth and lip that I am not satisfied with, my teeth that is not white enough, two cheeks that get fat easily when I gain weight, and my face that I hate when it gets pimples. I realized that I complained too much about them.

A thought came across my mind when I was paying attention to my appearance and expression – It’s the only look. Yes, I told myself, but it’s the only look I have. I complained about my face and physical body, but I neglected the fact that it’s the only look that I have.

The point is how many times we look at ourselves when we get ready for being out in town and don’t like what we are wearing. We believe that no matter what we wear or any make up we put on, we still don’t look pretty or handsome enough because we don’t have the look that go with those clothes and those cosmetic products. I am telling you now, it’s all illusion. When it comes to illusion, we already choose to deny the “self” and beat ourselves up for not meeting the expectations of our own image in the illusion that we create. However, good news is that we can break that illusion. Remember, it’s the only look we have. It is how and what we can do about this created and only life we have, and it’s our choice of how we react to it.

Therefore, next time you look at yourself in the mirror, try to look into your eyes deeply. Tell yourself that it’s the only look that I have, if I reject who I really am, then what’s left of me? I love and accept who I am, and I never stop trying to improve myself every day. When I say improve, I mean like in a scenario that you feel fat, you change your diet, conduct health related research, or even hit the fitness center. When you feel ugly because of acne or wrinkles, try out some skin products, they are all over the market nowadays, but be careful though not all those products work on everyone’s skin. You just have to find a product that does not irritate your skin and provide the result that you want. So do something about it. The key to remember though is that “It’s the only look I have.” It’s a psychological technique that when you negative talk to yourself about your appearance, talk back promptly that “But it’s the only look that I have.”

Remember, practice makes perfect! Give it a try.

3:09 PM | Posted by Pheng | with 0 comments »

0 comments