2008-06-09

Be Yourself



I am lying on my bed and thinking about what I asked a friend that “Am I not really being myself?” His answer was “No, really not at all.”

I believe that it is our choice to choose to not being ourselves. There are many possible reasons such as low self-esteem, lack of self-confidence, and fear that prevent us from moving forward as who we really are. Society has defined the term “norm,” and religion has defined the term “Godly.” All of these just put a lot of pressures on each individual that doesn’t live according to those defined standards. I, myself, don’t feel any easy about being just myself, and I believe that I choose to fear and allow other people to control the real me. All those social norm bullshits have trained me very well.

However, don’t be like me. Please don’t be like me. You have a stronger power that I might not have, a stronger courage that I might not have, and a stronger belief in yourself that I might not have. Moreover, you might have a larger group of support than I do. All of these will allow you to grow as an individual that lives up to his/her own means, and does not take any judgments personal. You are you, period.

I never cease to learning and being tenacious to show who I really am. I am here calling all of those people who feel the same way that I am feeling to keep learning and practicing until we can really be who we really are and who we really want to be. I have accomplished 80%, now all I have to do is to attain another 20%. Sincerely, I wish you the best in this authentic self-discovery journey.

11:09 PM | Posted by Pheng | with 0 comments »

0 comments