2008-06-20

So Disney



Do you know why I am 22 years old but still like to watch Disney’s movies and shows? Besides from making me laugh during the movies and shows, Disney always reminds kids and teenagers to express themselves, to follow their dreams, to be themselves, to have fun, to be happy, and to go after their passions. How many times I have thought about my teenage year that I distressed myself, suffered from low self-esteem, and not to mention, some other teenagers out there that are trying to fit in with their peers. Although I often time did not buy peer pressure, no one ever told me to follow my heart, and to be just myself.

Of course, some Disney’s movies can be too good to be true. The magic and the fantasy are all illusions. But that’s not the point. The point is miracle can happen anytime that we cannot expect or foresee, and dreams that we never give up but pursue them. The gist of it is to follow your dreams, live your life, and make the best of what you have. We all only get one chance in life. So, live your life to the fullest! Remind yourself that you rock. Who cares what other people think. Who cares what other people think I am old enough to get married yet still a fan of Disney. One of my favorite quotes is “Say what you think and act how you feel because those who matter don’t care and those who care don’t matter.”

P.S: The photos were taken at Disney’s Epcot Center in Florida on 01/02/08.

9:23 PM | Posted by Pheng | , , with 2 comments »

2 comments

  1. Angel // June 21, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

    I also don't think that the Disney films are just for the young - I love some of them too! Besides being very inspiring they can be romantic and just plain fun. I think that the Disney films are for both the young and young at heart!

    Angelwitch

  2. Pheng // June 21, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

    Angel, thank you so much about this comment. You gave me an idea about "young at heart" from Disney, and I love that phrase :) We can be mature when the age grows, but our heart is still young always :) It's another way to live life in a positive way no matter what stage of life we are in - that is young or old.