2008-06-22

Party Guess


It took me awhile this evening to decide whether or not to go out to the party with my friend. The party belongs to his company. The reason it took me awhile to say Yes, I’ll go with my friend was because it was his company’s party, and therefore, I would not know anyone there. It would create a fear for me to see his coworkers and not know what and how to react to those strange faces.

I struggled, and my mind kept telling me that why at this moment I became “chicken out” to meet new people? Isn’t that what I am always trying to say here on my blog, yet never act on it on my own? I felt “shame on me” sort of feeling. However, I pushed myself to go. I stopped the “iffing” (if this and if that) in my mind and tried not to guess this and that, for the more I guessed, the more uncomfortable I got myself in going to that party. I told myself that “Just do it!”

How many times in life that we want to be happy, we want to meet new people, such and such. But how many times that we really believe and have faith that we really want to do it? Just by thinking sounds promising to our mind, but without action is like a well done theory but no good practice. I want to meet new people, yet here I am worried about what those new people are going to look and think about me, and how I am going to behave when I get there. Mind reading is doomed to fail.

The party actually was not an indoor party. It’s more like a festival, an event that many people showed up with family, friends, and kids all over the place. I laughed at myself for being foolish to try to be smart guessing the future. It’s the lesson that I learned from today, what about you?

7:52 PM | Posted by Pheng | , with 0 comments »

0 comments