I was writing an entry for my blog about being able to say NO out loud. But now I am going to talk about my personal experience regarding taking “No” for an answer.

I wanted to go out and texted one of my good friends first to see if he wanted to go out. I did not hear back, but I texted him again, and he responded “Probably not.” The thing is after I sent out my text message asking for something, if I got an answer back on my cell phone from the person that I asked for, I would be nervous to read the response message. That’s because I am afraid he would say No.

Afterwards, I started to text other two or three friends that I didn’t want to ask for in the first place, and turned out either they could not go out or they are out of town. I felt alright compared to the first one because those are just my second choice not the first choice. It simply just made me feel all alone in Boise with no friends to go out with.

It got me to think though that it’s hard for me to take a NO for an answer. I understand that things in life never work the way we want them to be all the time, and so are the requests. I felt that why would I be disappointed because of the fact that my friend did not want to go out? Why would it be necessary to be nervous reading a response text message? It is because I foresaw a “No” or similar rejected answers, and I don’t like to hear them as an answer to me.

I have been thinking about this, and I feel that I should not feel this way. I should not take offense of a “No” answer. I should not feel resentful about rejections either because in life there’s going to be rejections wherever I go. So I am going to let it go, chill out, and move on with my life, and hopefully down the road get to know other friends who share the same interests. I strongly believe that I can do it, and so can you. Dare to say No and dare to hear it back!

8:13 AM | Posted by Pheng | , with 0 comments »

0 comments