When I was trying to list my good qualities, I realize that listing good qualities is not as easy as listing bad qualities. But somehow, I managed my mind to just focus on my good qualities, and had them substitute the bad qualities quickly when they tried to come across my mind. I plan to keep this list, and will add more when I find out about my other good qualities.

Another thing that I realize from doing this is that, I tried to stay positive all the time while writing the list. I did not even use any negative words like no, not, never, don’t, and so on. I observe that by using negative words can have us think about negative things. For example, if you say I hate doing dishes, your mind will gather all the bad things about why you hate doing dishes. If you say I don’t like doing dishes, again your mind will stuff with the bad reasons why you don’t like doing dishes. However, if you say you like doing dishes, your mind will think about all the good things about doing dishes. You see the point here? Negative words are just words but strong enough to have a power that can impact our mind and actions. Sometimes, I even wonder if the majority of people do mean it when they say they don’t like this and they don’t like that.

In order to show how much you like and love yourself, start from staying positive while thinking about yourself or looking at yourself in the mirror. Try to use positive descriptive words when you think about what you like and don’t like to do, especially when you talk to yourself. Being positive about yourself is the only key to love yourself. If you don’t love yourself, your mind will gather all the negative things about you. Making a list about your good qualities is a fun way to start with for loving yourself. Give it a try and see if you can have a longer list than I do. :)

7:01 PM | Posted by Pheng | with 0 comments »

0 comments