2008-06-15

Outfit Feeling



When I am on the bicycle at the gym, I usually like to read something. I saw an article in a magazine. The article was about “Outfit Feeling.” The author mentioned about how some people feel about getting dressed before heading out to work or wherever.

In our society, there’s a typical stereotype about men and fashion. If you are a man, enjoy fashion and spend too much time in front of the mirror, then you sound like a woman. Nowadays, people tend to break this kind of stereotype. Look at the clothing industry like Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, Aeropostale and other industries that carry guys' clothes in a fashion way. I personally don’t support any types of stereotype against human nature. If that’s what you like and comfortable with it, go for it because it absolutely is none of anyone’s business.

The author of that article also discussed about how he felt when he looked at himself in the mirror with the way he dressed. He felt confident when he looked great and vice versa. Some fashion designers though believed that it’s not whatsoever the way we dress good or not that makes us feel good about ourselves, but it’s about how you really feel and what state of mind you are in at the time you are dressing up. If you are in the happy state of mind, then no matter what you put on, you will feel great about yourself.

Reading this article and observing these two points of view, it got me to think about my personal experience and how people perceive their own self-image. When I want to go out, I like to spike my hair up a little bit and wear clothes that make me satisfied from the image that I see myself in the mirror. I really feel confident when I like what I see. I am not hesitant to walk in a crowd and worry about how I look because I already know that I look great, and when people give me the eyes, then that confirms it. I also agree with the second opinion about the state of mind. When I am happy, it really doesn’t matter much whatever I am wearing.

To sum this up, I believe that deep inside of our heart, the innermost of happiness is the most important factor and can reflect the way we see ourselves and things around us. Either it is “Outfit Feeling” or it is our state of mind, as long as you feel good about yourself and it makes you happy, then that’s all it matters.

8:02 AM | Posted by Pheng | with 2 comments »

2 comments

  1. 戈 哥 // June 15, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

    Pheng,
    You do resemble my Doctor friend. Exactly 95%.

  2. Pheng // June 15, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

    Gege, as in my look or whatever I said? :)