One of my favorite quotes is “Don't take life too seriously because nobody gets out of it alive.” Isn’t that true that some people take things very serious? Some people get offended very easy? Some people are not willing to compromise? Some people just want to be leaders all the time? Some people only want to win? And so on.

I feel guilty about taking things serious sometime too, and even take offense quickly. I consider myself a very sensitive guy. Anything that does not please me can make my temper and mood change pretty fast. But does it really matter? Do I get something out of being serious like this about what people say to me or do to me, and whatever situation in life that I get myself into? The answer is NO.

Being serious to an extent is considered appropriate, but when being too serious, then it’s not appropriate. For example, playing a board game with friends and some people take that kind of game is like death or life game. It’s understandable that they don’t want to lose but win, but why? Isn’t that playing game supposed to be having a great time with friends? Whoever wins, does it really matter that much? It’s just a game. What matters the most is the process. The process that you are part of the game, how good and bad you play that game, and how much fun you enjoy playing that game with your friends.

I am learning to not take life too serious, but enjoy its process instead. Another one of my favorite quotes is “Life is not about finding yourself, but it’s about creating yourself.” That’s how life is supposed to be. We are all part of our lives, and thus, our lives are what we make them. When we take our lives too serious, we forget the fun parts during the process of our lives because all we focus on will be just the end result. But remember, “Nobody gets out of it alive.” I hope that is not the result you want.

10:12 PM | Posted by Pheng | with 0 comments »

0 comments