2008-06-28

Spending Money


I made a comitment that I will not spend more money by going shopping or cruising around the town. Today, I broke the commitment. One thing I want to point out is that sometimes we make commitment but find it hard to keep it. And when we cannot keep our commitment, we become guilty and regretful of what we have done. This is not a healthy way for happiness in life. Life is supposed to be fun without too many regrets.

Although I broke my commitment, I am thankful for other things. I went to buy clothes at Old Navy and a flip flop, and drove my car around town, but I am not regretful for breaking my commitment of saving money. Instead, I am thankful for the things I bought because they tell me that I can afford things that I like, and all those forty-hours work at the office is worth spend, for it provides me the money to afford the clothes and the gas for the car. I am not feeling guilty either because being thankful means a lot to life more than we can imagine. Being thankful triggers the negative aspects of guilt and regret.

To sum this up, there are commitments that we can break and there are commitments that we cannot break. As I always said, you do whatever makes you happy.

5:32 PM | Posted by Pheng | with 0 comments »

0 comments