2008-06-20

Anger


Today at work I learn one thing about being mad at somebody. You know some people just do not get it. Some people are just so insensitive to really know how you exactly feel. I mean although you are upset and not verbalize your feeling to that person, yet he or she does not get it at all by asking you to do something that he or she knows you are not a fan of doing it. Don’t get me wrong, communication is very important and mind reading is always wrong. If you want someone to know how you exactly feel, then speak it up. But in the meantime, the requester should at least have some sort of human intuition to feel about how someone feels about doing something that is his or her least favorite. Some people just don’t get it. Some people just think that you are easy to be taken for granted, they just ask without knowing what you exactly feel.

OK, enough about my complaint. The reality is we tend to get mad at something, and what we really get back is resentment. As the saying goes “Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other guy to die.” We should step back and think about the consequences of being angry with someone. Does it do any good to us? The person that makes you mad probably does not really know how you feel. That person could be insensitive creature, but that’s the way who he or she is. What matters though is yourself. For any reasons, the first person that you don’t want to hurt is yourself. We think that by being mad at someone is a way to revenge the person, but in fact, we are still the victim.

I am learning each time at work to adjust my mood. One of my co-workers just does not really know how I really feel. For a few times, I was really not pleased with her action. I became cranky, upset, angry, and even gave her the look, yet I was the one who was still in agony and resentment. So think about it! Does anger really do any good to you? I found my answer. What about you?

5:33 PM | Posted by Pheng | , with 3 comments »

3 comments

  1. gabbybeee // June 20, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

    Hi! Great post. I completely agree--"Some people just think that you are easy to be taken for granted" I hate that. I empathize with people , and know when they are upset. Why can't others be as caring/sensitive? But you are right about resentment. All it does is hurt yourself.


    -Gabby
    http://gabbybeee/blogspot.com

  2. Anonymous // June 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

    Great post - it's quite hard in the work force these days, because either you have an over sensitivity of feelings or you have no sensitivity of them.

    We should be able to go to work, do a good job and have that expressed to us. It seems there is no middle ground, a pat on the back goes along way. Yet there are still employers that manage on fear, they pay you and thats it, you should be happy with that. I think the lines of communication should be open, and you should be able to say, Im not comfortable with that, without any retribution.

  3. Pheng // June 21, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

    Susie, thank you for sharing your comment on this, and I totally agree about communication. At my work place, we have a gallery that portraits a "bridge" on it. It says creating communication not creating a wall.