2008-07-08

What If?



One of my friends who already had the working visa approved, and is in the Green Card process got laid off two weeks ago. Luckily, he got another similar job, but not sure if the Green Card process got screwed up or not. The gist of it is that life is always changed. The unknown circumstances around us are changing according to the time and sometimes environment. It got me to think that we really have a hard time trusting life. It can be full of opportunities, but it can be also full of risks. It is very nerve wrecking to me because whatever my friend went through, what if it happens to me too some day.

I hate the fact that I even have this sort of fear. I hate the fact that I “what if” again. I even hate the fact that I am here worried about the future. But these can be used as an emotional preparation. It means that when the “if” part really happens, at least we thought about it before and become less paranoid when the predicted thing really happens in the future. However, we should make this a temporary thing and not a permanent one. Living in fear is nothing but a self-destruction. Get yourself prepared by looking for solutions and options, but clear your mind as quickly as possible because keep worrying about the future is useless and it does not help the situation at all. More importantly, you kill the present time, which you should be enjoying and living in it.

I learn that things usually happen in phases. Most of the time, they happen for some reasons. However, that does not mean I have to worry about each phase and wallow myself in fear. We should all live in NOW steps by steps, and take each day as a gift for living. As always, live our lives to the fullest!

P.S: I wrote my Utah trip yesterday but I am waiting for my trip's photos to get uploaded and then post them here along with my trip's information.

If you enjoy reading this, you may want to subscribe

10:31 PM | Posted by Pheng | , , , with 1 comments »

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 9, 2008 at 10:01 AM  

    You never know what life will bring you. Try to enjoy the ride. Thanks for visiting my blog and yes I do play guitar. My husband teaches me. Thanks for exchanging links. I have added you!