2008-07-03

Happy 4th of July



I have not travelled for awhile now. Tomorrow is the 4th of July – American Independence Day holiday, me and my friends are going to Utah. It will be a road trip. First, we will be going to Salt Lake City, and then we will be going to the Arches, Bryce Canyon, and hopefully Zion National Parks. I hope to return to Boise by Monday. I have two days off from work (Monday and Tuesday), and they are paid time offs, hehe…

Traveling is one of my favorite things to do. I usually like to try out new places. I have been to Salt Lake City before, but I have not been to those mentioned national parks. In our lives, how many times that we are afraid of doing new things? We are afraid of adventures and risks. With this lack of tenacity, we give up the fact of what we want to do or where we want to go. We put those things on hold. Trying new things is fun, and that includes going to new places too. I was not born in America, but I chose to come here all by myself. I moved from Cambodia to Indiana, and then from Indiana to Idaho, between that I have traveled to a few states. It has been a fun experience, and more importantly, it is my favorite thing to do. I was a student and was not rich, just like other students that had to work and study at the same time, but when I got a chance I was willing to spend money just to travel. The reason for that is very simple, that is because I want to do so.

It is holiday, so go out and do something. Life is fun when we know how to make it the way that we think it is fun. Let go the fear and worries, go check out some places that you have not been to, do something that you always wanted to do but did not have a chance or have been afraid to do. It is risk that brings the excitement and fulfilling, and it is adventure that brings the joy and accomplishment. To live life to the fullest is to be willing to go on adventures and take risks.

I will post some photos when I get back. I will take my laptop with me so who knows if I will be inspired to write something during the trip. Until then, happy 4th of July ;)


If you enjoy reading this, you may want to subscribe

8:55 PM | Posted by Pheng | , with 0 comments »

0 comments