2008-07-19

Happy Birthday!



Yesterday was my birthday. I am now 23 years old. I had a great time. My American friend family took me out to the China Buffet for lunch, and my friend Rich took me out to Siam – a local Thai restaurant for dinner and Hancock movie afterwards. In the meantime, I received a few text messages and calls from friends wishing me a happy birthday. Hancock movie was really cool. I like it and recommend it to you. All in all, I think I had a fulfilling birthday day.

Life isn’t about fun all the time. Most people, when they grow older, they wish that they have done something different in the past when they were young. Some people have regrets in their life and just wish that the time could ever go back so that they could have a do over. Unfortunately, time can only go forward and not backward. For the past 22 years, I do have my own regrets, but I don’t live in them. I move on and try to live my life better. We always say that if we have known that is what is going to happen by then, we would have done things in a different way. But again, you never know what would happen if you have done things in that different way and where would it take you now.

Everyone has a history. Everyone has a shady past. However, to live life to the fullest is to forgive that shady past and embrace them as part of our self-growth. We can always look back at it as a lesson, but don’t wallow ourselves in the agony that regrets bring. I believe that as I age older, I become wiser and see things in a different way that I have never seen before. My vision becomes clearer about life and where I stand. And to that, I say “Happy Birthday” to myself because I am happy to grow older and not regret about whatever happened 22 years ago.

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may subscribe

8:46 AM | Posted by Pheng | , with 0 comments »

0 comments