My first day at Utah turned out alright. I have seen a lot of aggressive situations today. Being bold and aggressive is acceptable when it is done appropriately. Some people are just too aggressive that really make me sick. I do not want to sound very judgmental here because I am not a judgmental freak. But I like what I like, and believe in what I believe that makes me feel good about myself, and more importantly, something or someone that does not harm my self-esteem.

I have been trying to improve every aspects of my self-image. It has been going quite well, and I want to keep it that way. Therefore, when I am with someone that is like everything his own way, I am sick of it. I have a friend who I know through another friend. He is acting like that – things have to be done his way. Time, plan, places to go, what to see, etc. have to be his idea. I have observed this the whole time, and gave it a shot to come on this trip with him and my other two friends to see how it would turn out. To my surprise, I could not stand it. My other two friends are cool, but I can see why they can be with that friend. It is because they literally “follow” him. This is just the way how things work though because if friends don’t find compatibility with one another, then friendship will never happen. It is not a kind of friendship that I want.

I am writing this up not because I am not enjoying the trip. I am very much enjoying it. However, I want to make a point that be who you want to be, do what you want to do, and act what you are prompted to act. It is you and only you that you have. Selling your own soul to another person is just a waste part of your life. If someone does not let you be yourself and does not make you feel good about yourself, you really should not hang around that person too much. The reason beyond that is you do not want your self-esteem to be devastated by the other person’s actions or words. Your happiness is what counts. Being around negative people makes you become negative too sooner or later. Being around complaining people makes you a bitchy person when you least expect it. Being around “things have to be done my way” people hurts your self-image because you never get to express yourself. I do not want this to happen to me. I strive to be happy in this life, to live my life to the fullest just the way I am creating it to be, and therefore, I do not want anyone to dwindle that passion and make me feel terrible about my self-expression. You think about this, and look at things and people around you. Maybe it is time to re-organize them in your life.

I am not saying here that the negative people, complaining people, or even “things have to be done my way” people are bad. Absolutely not! We are all tying our best to live our lives. If that’s the way they behave and that’s what makes them feel good about themselves, then let them be. But it is you that I want you to focus on. That is being said, whether or not it makes you happy to be around those people.

Good night.

If you enjoy reading this, you may want to subscribe

7:52 AM | Posted by Pheng | , , with 1 comments »

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 8, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

    I aggree. Always be yourself and never sell out! I like your blog. Let me know if you would like to exchange links.