2008-07-25

Good & Bad Habits



I was driving to work this morning, and while I stopped at the stop light, I thought about breaking and keeping habits. It is not an easy task to keep our habit compared to breaking one. There’s a saying that learning good is hard but learning bad is easy. It applies the same to our habits. In order to keep a good habit, we have to push ourselves every time and it requires a lot of motivations. On the other hand, keeping a bad habit is as easy as 123.

For the past month, I tried to do sit ups every morning after I get up and every night before I go to bed. Lately, I have been skipping this activity. This has started since Monday this week. I remember that night, I told myself that it’s okay to skip just for the night, and in the morning I can do it instead. I did on Tuesday morning. Then there came the Tuesday night, and again I told myself the same thing, but I have never done the sit up since that Tuesday night.

Keeping a good habit is very hard. We have to put a lot of time and effort into it. It’s okay to be lazy sometime, but it is that “OK” laziness that possibly kills all the motivations moving on. It took only one night to lessen my self-motivated activity. It takes only one excuse that we make for ourselves to break a good habit. While it isn’t too late, I am going back to the routine and hoping to find the motivation that I had in the first place. Break your approach of “It’s okay to be this and that today,” for once you do that, there will be more coming.

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

9:23 AM | Posted by Pheng | , with 0 comments »

0 comments