2008-10-21

Texas Trip




So I went to Dallas, Texas to visit a friend and to get out of my good old Boise, Idaho. The trip was fabulous and I enjoyed it very much. Special thanks to my friend – Lan, who was enthusiastic, self-less, and energetic for being my guide and taking me around in his nice silver Hyundai. J

I feel that I have seen  enough attractions in Dallas and the days that I spend there were productive. We went to see Dallas city both at night and during day time. We went to see The Sixth Floor museum where the president J.F.K got assassinated. Also went to browse the outlet mall as well as the Galleria mall. Went to see the Nasher Sculpture Center and the Crow Collection of Asian Art. As far as restaurants go, we went to eat Tex-Mex, Korean, Turkish and Dim Sum restaurant around the small China town area.

We also visited Fort Worth, Texas. It was very different from Dallas. Dallas itself is a city, whereas Fort Worth is where you can see the real Texas – people with cowboy hat, boots, etc. We went to the famous cowboy bar there called Billy Bob’s (I call it Billy Boob’s, haha…) and watched the Rodeo, which was cool because it was my first time seeing this kind of game in person. We also had the best steak at the Riscky’s Steakhouse in the area. Fort Worth’s downtown is nice also. We drove around there and it was so beautiful at night.

Overall, I think the trip was fun. Some Texans do drive crazy though, hehe.. But I am able to cross out another state from my “states list,” and you know what that means! It means that my refrigerator now has another two cities magnet on it – Dallas and Fort Worth – Yay!

Attached here are just some photos that I took on the trip, to view more, click on the Nomad Dude link on the top to see my trip’s photo collection site.

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

9:07 PM | Posted by Pheng | with 0 comments »

0 comments