Last night when I was answering the question about what are the things that I feel grateful about right now, there’s one item that really makes me contemplate about a lot, even this morning. It was the ability to afford things that I want.

I would like to add to that, the ability to afford things that I want or need. Personally, I am pretty clear about want verses need. When it comes to what I want, I most of the time think and make a decision, but when it comes to what I need, regardless of the price, I go for it. However, the point is that how blessed is that to feel that you are in control of your wants and needs. That’s the exact position that I am in. Some friends might think that Pheng is no fun, he is afraid of spending money to go to a special night at the night club (i.e: The White or Black Party Night), or he is such a cheap ass, but you know what, I really don’t care much about these kinds of comments anymore. After all, when I become broke again, will they help me financially? When I am trying to live and pay my bills, will they work and earn money for me? Although those amounts of money to spend seem so tiny, but they can really add up. Consider that if I go to work and go to lunch five days a week, that’s a lot of money in a year. Although I don’t watch my finance very closely, I usually make the deposit and withdraw and then simply let the bank takes care of it, but I don’t just live to spend. I guess my spending habit is pretty conservative, and again it is a matter of wants and needs. But the fact that being able to pay for things that I want or need is just so good and I am totally thankful for that, as well as my job.

I know some of you out there might be in a hard time situation financially, especially with how slow the world economy is now. You have bills to pay and live, and you have loans, mortgage, car payments, or debts to take care of, and it seems that those just never end. However, take a moment and think about your spending habits, are there any certain areas that you have to re-evaluate about your wants and needs? Generally speaking, spending money is a personal choice. Don’t let others get in the way to tell you how to spend your money, and don’t buy their pressures or just to impress anyone. After all, it’s your life and you need to be in the driver seat and yes, you hate the backseat drivers. 

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

7:26 AM | Posted by Pheng | , with 0 comments »

0 comments