2008-10-25

The Post-Workshop


Yesterday, Boise State University (BSU) has an Immigration Attorney’s workshop from 3 to 5pm. So I had to drive to work around 6:30am so that I could leave early for that workshop. I attended and it was my first time that I pushed myself to raise questions that I had in mind. I was struggling a little bit whether or not to ask my questions fearing that my questions would be so stupid or I was just having public speaking anxiety. However, I went ahead and did it anyway, and it felt good. Sure, it was not very easy and I was nervous a little bit somehow, but the more I am going to do this in the future, the better it’s going to be.

This reminds me that if we have a positive attitude towards something that we did, we will not beat ourselves up. In the above scenario, if I would come back home and think that “Oh my god, what was I thinking. There were people in the room, and I asked those types of dumb questions. Listen to my voice, I was such a nervous wreck,” I would be just trapping myself in low self-confidence and destroy my own self-worth as an individual to exercise my right of speech. Instead, I admit it was a little bit hard, but I am sure that the more I do this, the better I will feel about it in the future. Practice makes perfect.

Election date is getting close here in the US. Let your voice be heard and make a correct choice. 

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

10:12 AM | Posted by Pheng | , , with 0 comments »

0 comments