2009-03-31

Submissive Role


Last Saturday, I went to the Bruneau Dunes State Park here in Idaho with a group of friends. I was riding in a car with a couple and a friend. Well, instead of me sharing the story, let me just briefly say that the husband was practically giving his wife lessons and kind of have no respects to the wife in front of me and that friend. They argued, and the husband just seemed to do or say anything just to win her, which basically is his personality anyway. During his wife’s driving time, he’s behaving like a back-seat driver. If she made a mistake or did a jerky turn, he would act like a jerk instead of understanding how bad the weather was and how dark the sky was, which again is his personality.

One thing that I found funny from this is that, he is a Christian – very Christian. Is this action is what the Christians refer to the wife has to be submissive to the husband? But seriously, there are so many ways to express that in a nice and better way than that, don’t you think?

 There is also a couple that I know of, and that couple is completely different. The husband is submissive to the wife. I am not going to bore you with the story, but it is the same thing as the above story.

You know, sometime I don’t know what to believe anymore. Is love really that blind? Or is it just me that is being sensitive? I mean if I am dating someone like that, I would not make it that far to be in a relationship, and not even get married. To me, it’s all about respect and nothing about who is being submissive to whom. Sometimes, I just don’t seem to understand how that works, but I guess they made it to the marriage, and probably have their ways of thinking and how to work things out. All I can say is that, Amen!

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

8:48 AM | Posted by Pheng | with 0 comments »

0 comments