2009-03-04

Clubbing Alone

The idea of going out alone to the club is very intimidating. I would not know how to describe about how much nerve wrecking I was when I first experienced about going to the club by myself, and hoping that I would run into at least someone that I know.

Going out alone to the club also takes practice. As days go by, I feel that I am more comfortable doing that than I used to be. Some people prefer to go there and socialize, but for me, I prefer to go there and dance hehe….. Talking of dance, some prefer to dance with at least someone, but for me, it is either way. It does not matter to me much. The fact that now I am not as worried as I used to be regarding going to the bar alone has made me realize how much I am comfortable with myself. Sometimes friendship can mean a lot, but it does not mean that you and your friend’s interests are the same. It makes me realize that I am no longer dependent on needing a company to go out with me. This is part of me that I always want to be – independent.

In fact, I do not mind going out alone or with friend(s). I guess I can go either way now, hehe… which is good. By going out with friend(s) though, I care too much about them. I never cease to lay my eyes on them, in a friendship way of course, hehe… because I don’t like to ditch him/her/them at the club while I am on the dance floor.

I am very much self-conscious myself, but I think that going out alone will be a good tool for me to try to lessen my self-consciousness and sensitivity. I know that going to the bar by yourself seems weird, but there’s really nothing wrong with that. It is all about what you like. Why limiting yourself to stay at home when you cannot find a friend to go out with? Why forcing yourself to watch movie/show, or do something rather than go out and enjoy what you actually want to do that particular night? Everyone’s interest is different, but what is your interest, you should be very much aware of it.

To me, I don’t find people who go out alone to the club boring or weird, but I find them very intriguing, hehe… If I am brave enough, I would go up and make conversation, but I am not. Haha… When we are surrounded by friends at the club, it usually discourages strangers to approach us. I think that to an extent, some people will also be curious about your “singlehood” at the club as well.

Therefore, don’t be afraid going out to the club by yourself. Life is so much fun when you realize that you are independent from other people that you think can make you happy. The ultimate thing about this is your own happiness. If you can make yourself happy, then everyone can make you happy. One of my favorite quotes is “Smile and the world smiles with you.  Cry and you cry alone.” 

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

9:13 AM | Posted by Pheng | , , , , with 0 comments »

0 comments