When I tell people that I am going to stay in and not going out, they start to tell me that “Oh, you are going to be single.” I can’t agree more than that. It’s true. If I just sit on my butt at home, I will be alone for a long long time. Sure, if I don’t go out and meet people, I will be single for a long long time. On the other hand, I have also thought that why would that even matter? If I don’t want to go out or do something, then it’s all about my choice, and let it be.

Having someone is nice, but at the same time, it’s not my ultimate goal to socialize or meet new people just to “find” that one. If I want to socialize, then it is because that’s what I want to do. If I want to just stay home and enjoy the serenity time, then it’s because that’s what I want to do as well. I am sure that I am taking advantage of being still young, and trust me, I have thought about the fact that time will never stay the same, and youth eventually will fade. However, I have learned that pushing yourself to do something that you don’t want to do, or even tired of doing them, things never work out as expected. This will just create more resentment and disappointment for the future. Too much pressure and too much expectation, when those are not even necessary in the first place.

I am not giving up, but I need to focus on more priorities in my life. Life has more to offer than just a relationship. If this makes more sense, life is a cake, but relationship is just an icing on the cake. If the cake goes bad, then what are you left with?

Are you still in debt? Is there a past relationship that you are still not over yet? Are there any goals or dreams that you have not attained? Are you satisfied with the way you look? Are you happy now? Are you still finding yourself? Do you think you are ready for a relationship? Are you still looking for a job? So on and so forth. There are sure things going on in your life that need your attention more than focusing on “not” being single. The best thing ever in your life is to live your life to the fullest as best as you can and be yourself the way you want to be. Be happy and believe that love does exist. 

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

9:32 AM | Posted by Pheng | , , with 0 comments »

0 comments