I remember the time that I was back home and wanted to come to the US really bad. I also remember the time that I was so envious with one of my Chinese friends who studied on a scholarship, got an Internship at a local company, and got his working visa afterwards. In addition, I also remember the time that I wanted to have a better running car, a nicer apartment, and a faster laptop.

All in all, those dreams have become true for me. However, I never cease to dream more and bigger. Life is like a stage, you finish with one stage then you go for another one. Although I have attained those dreams, I failed to be thankful for those opportunities from time to time. I guess it is just human nature that we always “move forward.” Things that we wanted so bad in the past, we have them, then we move on to want another thing. Ideally, this actually is an acceptable behavior because we move as the time goes, and never quit dreaming is the best way to live a life. Have you ever heard of an old saying: If you dream, dream bigger? But in order to attain the dreams, they have to be realistic, specific, and attainable, and of course, it is either your luck or you hard work that is put into getting them attained.

But one thing we have to realize is that, while we are dreaming bigger, we are not forgetting the past dreams that we have achieved. Take a moment and think about how frustrated and yearning you were to get those past dreams. During that process, it involves worries, jealousy, needy, possessive, happy and unhappy, all sorts of subtle and mixed feelings. They are all part of our life, and the most important thing is to show our gratitude toward those achievements and how lucky we are. There are millions and millions of people out there that are longing for those same things that we are having, and I am positively sure that some might be optimistic about getting them, some might be in the same boat as we were emotionally, and some might be just even worse than how we were.

All I can say to my fortunate is “I am thankful for what I have accomplished thus far.”

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

8:58 AM | Posted by Pheng | , , with 0 comments »

0 comments