Lately, I have been spending a lot of money on my new apartment. However, compared to spenders out there, it’s still considered “not much.” To me though, it’s too much.
As I used to say, spending money reminds you of your ability to afford buying things that you want and like. It’s a way to be thankful for being able to work and earn money. In Cambodian or Khmer language, we say earning as “rok si.” To separate them out, rok means find, and si means eat. So by combining them together it becomes “find and eat.” Finding here refers to earning, in other words, if you find something to eat, then eat it, what are you waiting for? You never know what’s going to happen to you tomorrow, or even in the next hour. You gotta live your life to the fullest. You gotta get something that you wanted long time ago and now you can afford it, why wait and save the money until something happens to you?

I don’t regret the money that I spend, for I know that as long as I am capable to work, I will be able to get the salary each month. Especially, the fact that I see things that I designed in my apartment makes me feel good and happy. If spending money on happiness, why would I be hesitant to go for that? I, myself, am not a spender either. I only spend money on things that I like or when I really need them. While I spend, I also know how to save some money. If I am broke one month, then I won’t be spending too much money in that month.

Ideally, I would encourage you to live a happy life - a life that you always want it to be, and a life that you want things that you can afford now. Treat yourself with something once in awhile. It’s a great way to show your gratitude for “having you” for you. Don’t let the future worry you, and don’t let the “what if” scare you away from enjoying new toys that you want to buy for yourself now. In the meantime, learn how to watch your finance too.

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

3:30 PM | Posted by Pheng | , , , with 0 comments »

0 comments