So someone on the messenger had a conversation with me about being in a relationship. It went like this; I have been single for six months and you? He asked me. I said that for me it’s about two years. Then he responded that I am sorry that it’s that long. I was LOL and speechless.

This makes me realize that some people do still think that being single is a bad thing. They somehow still believe that you have to be with someone in a relationship to be OK. Some people even afraid of responding to a question like “How long have you been single?” just because they have been single too long and do not want to see the surprised look on the questioner’s face. If you take a moment and think about this, would you fall under this sort of description? It prompts me to ask a simple question why? Why being single is considered bad thing? Why whoever that thinks being single is a bad thing never thought of the fact that being single can be by choice? It can be that the single person has just not found the right one to be with instead of being with just about anyone to be not so called single? Or it can be any other reasons.

I think that no matter what kinds of expressions you see on the person who hears your answer about you being single too long, it really doesn’t matter that much. The point is that you know yourself very well of all the valid reasons that why you are single. On top of that, being single is not a bad thing at all. There’s nothing wrong with being single. Whoever thinks that you have to be with someone in a relationship in order to prove that you are okay is usually the one that tends to be clingy type of person. If you can recall, his or her relationship is most often time short term, and the reason beyond that is because he or she is afraid of being alone and feel lonely, or simply just wants to be with someone to feel OK. If you are a true relationship material, I am pretty sure that you would rather have the right and long term relationship than to just jump in the bed with about anyone just to get rid of lonely single life. You do the math!

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

10:39 PM | Posted by Pheng | with 1 comments »

1 comments

  1. Raziel // August 31, 2008 at 8:46 AM  

    bah i beeen single for 4 years~
    n you know what is the thing I hate, whn people look at you and ask why, is there something worng?
    or from strangers, the AWWWW~ too bad....
    or from the casher at the cinemas, ticket for 1 sir? are you sure? bah fuck off my back~