As some of you might already know that lately, I am addicted to playing my keyboard piano. Since I got the stand for my keyboard, I have been playing and practicing a few songs that I have always wanted to play. For the past few days, after work and gym, I went straight to play the keyboard. Time flies very fast that way, yet I never want to stop playing. To me, being able to play the songs that I like makes a very difference in my entire free time or quiet moments at home alone.

It got me to think that, every time we complain that we don’t have time to do this and that. But we have time to sit down and get bored, or do something that just to kill time unproductively. Instead of picking up a talent or activity that we always wanted to do, we rather just sit quietly at home, and then the thoughts keep coming into our mind. When we are thoughtful, we tend to be depressed or sad. But as usual, being sad does not help anything or make the situation better. We all are doing the best we can to live our life according to our own standards, but I would like to encourage you to take a look at the time that you have in your hand, whether or not you use it productively and enjoyable. A hobby is what you want to have fun with. If you prefer being alone than in group, then pick up a hobby that you can do solo. It doesn’t matter what kind it is as long as you enjoy doing it. Enjoyment is what matters for the soul and mind, for we focus only on the thought of having fun with that hobby.

Don’t get bored or be lonely, get a hobby that you always wanted to do. In the meantime, learning piano is one of my this year’s resolutions. I am so glad that I am making progress on this one as well. You might also want to check my previous post about Year 2008 Status Check that I was talking about this.

P.S: I meant to take the picture of my keyboard stand and post here, but I guess I will have to do that some other time. I am at work now writing this.

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

8:02 AM | Posted by Pheng | , , with 3 comments »

3 comments

  1. Anonymous // August 27, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

    Hi, good luck with your blog! What you're blogging about is awesome, I love personal development too :) Keep going!

  2. Pheng // August 27, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

    Jess: thank you for stopping by hear, and I am glad you also like personal development. It's a way of self-reflection for ultimate understanding self.

  3. :: 子源 :: // September 4, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

    i like piano too ^^
    wish to master it