I was showering this morning and I was thinking about the word NOMB, which stands for None Of My Business.

  • If a person has something that he or she doesn’t want to talk about, it’s none of my business to be nosy.

  • If someone earns more or less than I do, it’s none of my business to ask.

  • If one of my colleagues gets a raise and he or she is not telling, it’s none of my business to know.

  • If someone has a better and more successful life, and I am not aware of, it’s none of my business to dig in.

  • If one friend gets better grade than I do, it’s none of my business to feel envious of.
    If someone is more popular, it’s none of my business to try to change myself to be popular too.

  • If someone sleeps around a lot or lives a double life whatsoever, it’s none of my business to judge.

  • If one of my ex’es is dating someone else, it’s none of my business to get jealous with.

  • If someone does not want to disclose about his or her identity, or he or she discloses it anyway, it’s totally none of my business to try to know.

  • If someone talks things behind my back, well since it’s behind, then it’s really none of my business to even care about.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

There are so many things in life that we are trying to take them as our own personal things. Being nosy, eavesdropping, taking offense, getting jealous or envious, trying to dig for information that we are not supposed to, judging people based on their looks, personality, and even sexual identity… just about anything. We fail to realize that, it is because we are not feeling good enough about ourselves, that’s why we want to mind other people’s business so that we can compare and make ourselves feel good. Most often time, it can be very overwhelming. Let’s take reality for a ride, shall we? The fact is you are yourself. You have enough things going on in your own life. You have enough priorities and worries, and there’s no need to care about other people’s business if they don’t want to share. It’s even worse than this when someone is trying to pass good news to you, then you end up comparing yourself to that person. His or her good news becomes a bad news to you because it makes you feel bad about yourself. The question is why? Why in the world you want to kill yourself like that? Start minding your own business! You were created the same way as anyone was, and you have your own unique talent and skill. Give yourself credits, embrace your goods and bads, be yourself, and ultimately, focus on yourself and stay away from other people’s drama.

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

8:55 AM | Posted by Pheng | , , , with 0 comments »

0 comments