2008-08-20

Think



I was chatting with a friend last night. We were talking about my work permit that is going to last for three years. I mentioned that I would like to know someone that can play either piano keyboard or guitar. That friend said that the relationship is going to be entailed for only three years because you might have to go back home. I laughed, but I responded I would not mind and would not think about it that far, in fact, what I would be worried about is that within those three years, whether or not I can live my life 100% without wasting my youth time and having any regrets later on. It is a matter of meeting someone that is special in those three years, rather than being concerned about having to leave in the future.

Obviously, it got me to think that, living in the moment is what best for all of us. But at some point, we tend to worry about what has not arrived. A girl chats with a guy online, they clicked online but the girl already thinks and worries about their future together. Two people in a relationship, one or sometimes both are worried about breaking up after one year from now on. A marriage couple worries about the divorce down the road. An employee worries about getting fired. A student worries about failing his or her grade even though he or she studies hard. You get the picture.

I am guilty all the time for thinking over my head. Living in now and taking each day as it goes by are not easy tasks to do. We all have a powerful mind to think through either when we are in a quiet place or in a crowd, for we are not brainless and stupid. But what important is that we try to live our life to the fullest that we can, live in a moment that we are in, and take each day as an opportunity by not taking it for granted. One of my favorite saying is that “Life is full of twists and turns.” All you have to do is be true to yourself and give it a try, for when we fail we fail with a dignity of trying, but what if we succeed, that’s no need me to say.

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

8:38 AM | Posted by Pheng | , , with 0 comments »

0 comments