2008-08-01

Giving



So finally I moved everything to my new apartment (thanks to one of my friends - Brian) and had been cleaning my old apartment the whole day yesterday from noon to 10pm at night. Yesterday, I also gave some clothes, a printer that I never used, and some bed, pillow sheets, blanket that I no longer use to the Boise Rescue Mission. When I took those things to the guy at the Rescue’s warehouse, he thanked me graciously. While I was driving back to my apartment, I felt so good about it.

You know it is our gratitude that shows our appreciations to another person. It is in giving that we find the comfort and joy. To us, the things that we never use or no longer use are not very important, but to other people they might mean something to them. Everyone’s needs and wants vary from one to another. It is delightful for me to see that I can help some people that live at the Rescue Mission. No matter how much my stuff can help them, a little means something and definitely better than nothing. If we all come together and give heart to other people who are in need, little by little, we’ll make a difference in the community, the valley, and even the world.

Therefore, stay away from Craigslist or eBay for a moment, and start giving instead. Money makes us afford to buy something, but it is the feeling of knowing that we make a difference on other people’s life, and receiving the appreciations and gratitude from them, that make us feel good about our selfless action. Money cannot buy happiness, but happiness can motivate us to work and find a way to earn more money, for we are in a good mood.

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

10:11 AM | Posted by Pheng | , , , with 0 comments »

0 comments