Back in December, I used to write a post “Just because things didn’t work doesn’t make someone a jerk.” I used to hear a few people said that “Dump them before they dump you first.” Honestly speaking, I really find that irritating. It is a very immature way to handle a relationship regardless it is working or not working.

If a relationship is not working, the involved partners most of the time might already feel that they are not compatible. Then, it depends on who is going to dump who first, but sometimes it goes without saying and the relationship just fades away itself. But who is the “dumper” does not really matter. It might make them sound that they are still in the control even it’s over, but it’s actually nothing but a chicken shit that is afraid to say that “He/She broke up with me.” If you are a genuine dumper, then I would not mind. I have done that myself because I felt that it’s not going to work, and there were always genuine reasons to that, not because I was afraid of being dumped first. I also don’t go around and use those ex-dates as victims of my drama.

I can be a good friend and listener, but from times to times I am really tired of stories that they only tell me about what the other person’s problems are but not their own self-reflections. Relationship involves two people. One hand cannot really make a clap. Just because things didn’t work doesn’t make someone a jerk.

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

10:15 AM | Posted by Pheng | with 0 comments »

0 comments