2009-02-24

Maybe Next Time

You know I learned from yesterday at the gym that, sometimes, I like to tell myself that “Okay, today I can work out this little and maybe tomorrow I can work out more to make it up for today.” But then I started to pause a little bit and really thought to myself that this is how procrastinating works. It makes you feel that there are always “tomorrow’s” and their times seem to be plenty, but in fact, it’s nothing but an excuse to make yourself not feel guilty and a self-lie. I brushed off that “tomorrow” thought and totally worked out as much as I could.

You know one thing I have learned in America is that, most Americans like to say “next time.” One time I was at a party, the host was asking a gentleman to sing, but the gentleman said now? And the host said, maybe next time. The gentleman felt released because we all knew that there would be no next time. Just about anything that someone asks you to do something, then either you or him/her said next time, most cases are that, that “next time” hardly comes.  

Therefore, act now and stop procrastinating. You are not too busy or too tired, you just think that you have all the time in this world “tomorrow”, but then what’s left to the “now”? And how many next time and tomorrow that have become the next now?

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

4:24 PM | Posted by Pheng | , with 0 comments »

0 comments