The other day, I ran into coughing so bad that I finally lost my voice. It was not completely lost but I had a very hard time to speak because the harder I tried, the more I coughed. I went to the Albertsons to get some bean sprouts so that I could boil them and drank them. I know it’s odd but I would give anything a try just to get my healthy me back for next week’s work. Anyway, when I was about to leave the store, I was thinking about how was I going to respond to the cashier when he/she asked me something. Then one thing came to my mind was the “self checkout” machines that Albertsons has.

Some people might like technology, and some just don’t. Some still live in a world that they do not want to be ready for this innovative 21st century. But really what you get to lose? Learning new things is always a great way to live a life to the fullest. It could be very frustrating the first time, but the more you do the better you become. I, myself came from a not very sophisticated country. My first time in the US was very challenging because I did not only have to adjust myself to the culture here, but also had to learn how to use all those cool technological things that my country does not have.

It’s perfectly fine if you cannot keep up with the new technology and prefer the old ways of doing things. I work in the computer industry, yet I am not aware of many new technologies out there. But I never cease to try out whatever those smart and creative people have to offer to this era that I am living in when the opportunities are presented. I was so thankful for them, especially to that self checkout machine at Albertsons so that I could avoid the “real live” person’s conversation when I did not want to.

P.S: Bean sprouts did not get rid of my coughing but did sooth my throat. My mom used to do that and somehow I believe there was one time it really helped that I could speak again after drinking it. Oh well! Nothing to lose when trying new things for future references ;) I am also getting better, but I am hoping to find out more tomorrow. Hopefully, I can still go in to work on Monday. 

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

5:33 PM | Posted by Pheng | , , with 0 comments »

0 comments