Awhile ago, I posted an entry about Are you a quitter or a pursuer? As the days go by, the gym seems to have lesser people compared to the beginning of the year. I myself struggle a few times about going to the gym (cold weather reason usually) and how long I want to stay there. But here are my top 5 tips to make you think and if you agree, you can implement them for your self-motivation about working out.
  1. As the French goes "Petit a petit." Translated in English - gradually. Literally, it means small by small. Working out is supposed to be fun if you look at it as something that you do at your own comfort and pace. It's even alright if you sometimes just work out for 15-30 minutes (something better than nothing), and sometimes you want to take a break say a day or two. That way your muscles can relax, and you won't get too bored out of going to work out every day.
  2. Using the same workout machines, or work on the same muscles whenever you are at the gym can be quite boring, and that can make parts of your body unproportionate. To avoid getting bored out of doing the same routine, try to work with new equipments - one day you work on this, another day you work on that. This can be quite entertaining.
  3. Do you have a goal? Why do you go to the gym? Or should I say why do you want to go to the gym in the first place? By thinking about that goal, it will provide you with a purpose, and just imagine how happy you will be when you attain that goal.
  4. This often works for me. Look at yourself in the mirror, or even take a picture of your self to see the progression of the gym's result. I promise you that after a month hitting the gym, you will at least see the difference of your body. It is something that makes you look forward to. You believe what you see, don't you? hehe...
  5. Last but not least, If a personal trainer or a workout buddy can motivate you, then find one. Personally, I don't like it because working out to me is like something that I just do. I don't like other people tell me what to do, or feel pressure. I want to do as many reps as I want to, hehe... but again, if working out with other people can help you, then please do that. 
To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

8:37 AM | Posted by Pheng | , with 0 comments »

0 comments