I recently ran into an article about the Law of Attraction. The author said that “The Law of Attraction states that we attract situations, people, and experiences in our lives that reflect who we are and what we focus on.” I then did a google on what exactly the Law of Attraction is about as I never heard of it before.

There are four elements in regards to the Law of Attraction according to the Wikipedia. I started to look and think about those four elements, and even tried to list things out for the first item – Know what you want. It was easy to list what I want, really, but then when it comes to the second item, which is Ask the universe for it. I became a little bit doubtful about my list, whether or not it’s too much or too good to be true. Then when it comes to the third item - Feel and behave as if the object of your desire is on its way, I tended to be very self-doubt and started to question if the list of what I want is realistic. Well with these kinds of struggling, it makes me completely suspicious about the last item - Be open to receiving it.

The point is, this situation makes me realize that sometimes we know what things we want, but they tend to be some sorts of illusions or simply just a fantasy. On the other hand, sometimes we list things out that we know for sure those are what we are looking for, yet we are afraid to go after them, become disbelieving and even self-doubt like me. Sure, the experiences make us see clear what would and would not work, but we have to believe in ourselves. I would like to change the third item to be “Feel and believe as if the object of your desire is on its way.” Without believing, it’s just making us become more and more doubtful about our lists though they are realistic and attainable. We are not picky, we are not greedy, we are just human beings that want the best for ourselves and definitely know what we want somehow. The mind can betray us, but nothing goes wrong with what the heart wants if we believe. Sometimes, we also tend to be flexible, and yes we sure can be that way, but never ever let go our standards because those are what define who we really are, and more importantly, we will be happy when we get the “stuff” that meet those standards. Don’t just settle down for anything or anyone, I believe that you can do better than that. 

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

9:00 AM | Posted by Pheng | , , , with 1 comments »

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // December 29, 2008 at 2:13 PM  

    Excellent post. keep up the great thuoghts.