2008-12-15

Truth Hurts


Truth hurts! Yes, it does. As for friendship, true friends tell the truth to your face, and it hurts, doesn’t it?

I think that in life, things have to be balanced. I tried to tell myself every time to avoid negative people and try to stay away from negative thoughts of friends that can impact on my mood. As a human being, we don’t like to hear something bad about ourselves, especially when other people tell us right to our face. But which one you want to hear it’s really up to you – truth or lie?

However, if we look at this in a different angle of life. There are actually some friends and people that like to tell you the good things about you and they do mean them. Sometimes, when I am not feeling good, I can always rely on a couple friends that never cease to stay by my side listening to me and more importantly than that, they never cease to remind me how good I am in some aspects of life. They hardly mention any negative things to make me feel worse. I am definitely thankful for that. But there are also friends that would have nothing to say but try to drown you more when you are already drown. That’s the reason behind what friendship is really about that you can always rely on each other for compliments and a few constructive criticisms, but never ever a kind of putting each other on a spot or making one another feels worse.

In brief, I think you already have an idea who is your friend and who is just a “side friend” that you can’t rely on when you need some encouragements. So make a wise selection in life and remember a friend in need is a friend in deed.  

To receive updates from "Live Life to the Fullest" blog, you may want to subscribe

7:25 AM | Posted by Pheng | , , with 0 comments »

0 comments